Most people believe equipment enclosures only come in a few standard sizes. In fact, it's common for distributors, design engineers, and contractors to believe a backflow cover that is not a standard size means long lead-times and high prices.
However, that is not necessarily the case - especially when the cover has a modular design. Click here to read about how much our aluminum enclosures cost. There are five key ways an aluminum panel design offers superior flexibility and is well suited to cover most any equipment, no matter how complicated the job.
- The length, width, and height for a backflow cover can be made to fit your exact needs, and changed if those needs change over time.
- Panel design boxes can be skid mounted.
- Lockable access panels keep the equipment secure and located to allow ease of maintenance.
- Hinged panels are an option and recommended for rooftop applications.
3. Climate control
- Thermostatically controlled heating units can be installed on the slab or walls of the cover.
- Louvers and fans built into the panels can provide cross ventilation.
- Piping penetrations for supply and return lines can be cut in the field with sheet metal tools.
- Check with the cover manufacturer to make sure a field penetration doesn't void the warranty. Some manufacturers do not allow field penetrations.
- Panel design allows for all of these options while remaining durable and rugged.
- Individual panels can be replaced if damaged without having to replace the entire structure
- Consistent R value insulation in each panel. Ask for rigid insulation and avoid sprayed on insulation as it can crack and break during shipment and through normal wear and tear.
Evaluate For These and More
A panel design cover has all these capabilities. Additionally, manufacturers should be able to provide same day quotes and drawings within 2 days. They should also be able to deliver a custom enclosure within three weeks. That way you don’t need to worry if a custom size will be ready in time. If you have an application that doesn’t fit a standard size enclosure, don’t assume a custom is not an option. A panel design cover makes it easy to satisfy custom needs.